- The Website provides an online marketplace for the provision of virtual interior design goods and services in Australia. Persons under the age of 18 are not permitted to use this Website.
2 What personal information do we collect and hold?
2.1 Our collection of personal information
The Website provides the platform through which customers seeking interior design services (“Customers”) can efficiently, conveniently and directly connect with a pool of talented interior designers (“Designers”). Our Website also includes products available for purchase from various sellers (“Sellers”).
To facilitate the provision of these products and services to Customers, we collect a range of personal information, including the following:
- identification information relating to end users who register on the Website, including as Customers or Designers, including their full and correct names, titles, contact details and address;
- information (including in the form of photos) relating to Customers’ design requirements and preferences, which may include relevant details about Customers’ ;
- information about Designers’ profiles, including details about their professional qualifications and experience;
- Customers’ and Designers’ payment information, so that we can facilitate the billing of Customers for products and services available through our Website, and the payment of Designers and Sellers;
- information about our Customers’ views and feedback on Designers and the services they provide;
- records of communication between us, Customers and Designers, including any records of email or phone enquiries; and
- Customers and Designers’ social media logins to enable Customers and Designers to register using their social media details.
We do not collect any sensitive information about individuals other than information about Designers’ membership of professional associations.
We ask that you provide us with your correct and full name (that is, your legal identity) when registering on, and using, the Website. This information enables us to ensure that we correctly process payment information on behalf of both our Customers and Designers.
Please note that while we seek to minimise the personal information we collect, if you do not provide us with the personal information we request, we may not be able to facilitate your registration on the Website, or the provision of design services to, or by, you.
2.2 Collection of personal information by Designers
Designers will generally collect personal information about you when you submit a Design Brief and purchase their services through the Website. The primary purpose for the collection of this information is to facilitate the delivery of the interior design services you have purchased. All Designers are located in Australia, New Zealand and United Kingdom.
Designers bound by the Privacy Act are required to maintain their own privacy policies. You should review Designers’ privacy policies if you require further information as to how they collect, use and disclose personal information.
We also impose certain contractual restrictions on the collection, use, storage and disclosure of personal information by Designers irrespective as to whether they are bound by the Privacy Act or not. These restrictions include an obligation on Designers to:
- only collect and use Customers’ personal information for the purpose of providing Customers with the design services they have purchased; and
- protect Customers’ personal information from misuse, loss and interference, and from unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
We may use anonymous data that we collect through cookies and other technologies to assist us to provide Website end users with targeted information about interior design products and services.
To try and bring you offers that are of interest to you, we have relationships with other companies that we allow to place advertisements on our web pages. If you visit our Website, ad serving companies may collect information such as your domain type, your
IP address and clickstream information. We may also use third party applications such as Mail Chimp and Mandrill to provide the services to you.
For further information about this, we suggest you refer to the privacy policies of Disqus (https://help.disqus.com/customer/portal/articles/466259-privacy-policy) Google Analytics (www.google.com.au/policies/privacy), Lucky Orange, (http://www.luckyorange.com/privacy.php), Mail Chimp (http://mailchimp.com/legal/privacy/) and Mandrill (https://www.mandrill.com/privacy/) .
3 How do we collect and hold personal information?
Generally, we endeavour to collect personal information directly from the individuals concerned.
However, we also collect personal information about Designers from our Customers. This information generally takes the form of reviews, ratings and feedback about the performance of Designers and the services they provide. We make this information available on the Website in an identifiable form.
Milray Park takes reasonable steps to ensure the security of your personal information. In particular, Milray Park encrypts communications between the Website and the end-user by way of industry standard SSL certificate which prevents third party interception of end user data as it is transmitted to the end user. End users’ passwords are also stored and protected using stringent security measures and will be encrypted.
It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computer. Be sure to sign off from the Website when you finish using a shared computer. Any data destroyed is disposed of in an appropriate manner that protects the privacy of your information.
Milray Park stores end users’ personal information in Australia and the USA.
4 Why do we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information?
The primary purpose for which we collect, hold, use and disclose personal information is to facilitate the purchasing and provision of interior design services through the Website.
We may also collect, use, store and disclose your personal information for the purposes of:
- facilitating your registration as a Website end user;
- including information about Designers in our online Designer Directory;
- facilitating the purchase of products made available by Sellers on our Website;
- processing the payment information of end users and Customers who purchase products and services through our Website;
- conducting, improving, maintaining and developing business and customer relationships with other entities and individuals, including with Designers who use our Website;
- meeting our legal and regulatory obligations;
- sending end users (including Customers and Designers) communications for the purpose of confirming and summarising their purchases and payments, managing project timelines, or providing information about Website updates;
- responding to end users’ queries;
- marketing the goods and services we provide, and providing individuals with information about the Designers and their goods and services available through our Website; and
- enabling the Designers to market to Customers directly via the Website.
If you wish to opt out of the direct marketing communications we send you (including by email), please follow the unsubscribe instructions in the relevant communications, or email us at: [email protected]
To give effect to the purposes described above, we may disclose your personal information to the following individuals and entities:
- Designers, who provide interior design services through the Website. We share Customer information related to those services with the relevant Designers.
- Payment processing service providers, who assist us in processing Customer payments;.
- Sellers of products made available through our Website.
- Other service providers, which we engage to perform services on our behalf. We provide our service providers with access to your personal information, but only to the extent it is necessary to the services they provide to us.
- Offshore disclosures – we disclose personal information toDisqus, Lucky Orange, Stripe, MailChimp and Mandrill, which are located in the USA. We may also disclose customers’ personal information to Designers located in the UK and the USA.
In providing such consent, you acknowledge that:
- Milray park will no longer be required to take reasonable steps to ensure that the overseas recipient of your personal information complies with the APPs; • if the overseas recipient handles the personal information in breach of the APPs: • the recipient will not be accountable under the Privacy Act; and
- you will not be able to seek redress under the Privacy Act for such breach;
- the overseas recipient may not be subject to any privacy obligations or to any laws similar to the APPs;
- you may not be able to seek redress in the overseas jurisdiction if there is a breach of your privacy; and
- the overseas recipient may also be subject to a foreign law that may compel the disclosure of personal information to a third party, such as an overseas agency or authority.
We may otherwise disclose your personal information to entities if such disclosure is required by, or authorised under, law (including the Privacy Act).
2 How can you access and correct your personal information?
Under the Privacy Act, you have the right to:
- seek access to the personal information that we collect and hold;
- ask us to update or correct your personal information when it is inaccurate, incomplete, or out-of-date; and
- opt-out of receiving direct marketing communications from us or from Designers.
If you wish to access the personal information that we hold about you, please set out your request in writing, and send it to: [email protected]. Please note that we may charge reasonable fees to cover the administrative cost of retrieving and providing access to your personal information.
If you are of the view that personal information we hold about you is inaccurate, or out-of-date, or if you have other queries about accessing and correcting your personal information, please contact us using the contact details noted above.
3 Making a complaint
If you wish to make a complaint about how we, or a particular Designer, handles your personal information, please contact us at [email protected], setting out your complaint in writing.
We will deal with all requests for access to personal information or complaints as quickly as possible and will endeavour to get back to you within a reasonable time frame.
If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, you may lodge a complaint with the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (“OAIC”) via their website at http://www.oaic.gov.au/.
4 Additional information and how to contact us
Email: [email protected]
Telephone: 1300 118 004
Last updated: 08.12.17